Promoting Debauchery in Egyptian Legislation
– Egyptian legislation does not know the term of “Homosexuality”.
– The court of cassation has interpreted the term of “Debauchery” stated in law No. 10/1961 as the sexual act of sodomy.
– Unconstitutionality of debauchery crime – contained in article 9, paragraph (c) of law 10/1961 – for the ambiguity, fluid and vague of the term “Debauchery” as well as the standard and semantic definitions of the sexual act of sodomy.
– Egyptian legislation does not criminalize the sexual act of “lesbianism”.
– Raising any flag of any kind dose not arise the elements of the crime of promoting debauchery.Download the Arabic version